The 6 Steps to Legal Risk Management, of a Project, is a comprehensive activity and consists of the following legal, regulatory requirements as well as risks and hazards that, amongst others, will be evaluated and confirmed by EMPOWERisk as Your Agent.
It is covered in six parts:
1. Evaluation of Health and Safety Policy.
A Formal evaluation of the existence and implementation of a health and safety policy and confirmation that it still meets best practice is carried out.
2. Evaluate Health and Safety Structure.
An evaluation of the health and safety structure applicable to the workplace with
a specific focus on the following legally required appointments is conducted –
- Designated Person/s
- Responsible Person/s
- Health and safety representative/s
- Health and safety committee members.
3. Confirm the training of employees appointed.
A confirmation of the training of employees appointed in the firm to be responsible persons is conducted and cover positions such as:
- Health and safety representatives
- Health and safety committee members
- Fire marshals
- Emergency management officers
- Electrical inspectors
- Mechanical inspectors
- Working in confined areas
- Working at heights
4. Confirmation of Various Health and Safety Reporting
EMPOWERisk confirms aspects such as –
- Monthly health and safety inspections by the appointed health and safety representatives and whether suitable and applicable inspection reports are developed
- Response to health and safety inspection reports
- Health and safety committee meetings, value, content, response and whether formal minutes of these meetings are readily available
- Record keeping in terms of the requirements of the OHSACT
5. Confirmation of other Health and Safety Training Requirements.
As part of EMPOWERISK Agent services, they confirm aspects such as –
- Business applicable health and safety training for all applicable levels
- Operational applicable health and safety training for specialized areas
- First aid and firefighting training
- Induction training of employees, learners as well as other persons
6. Additional Health and Safety Requirement confirmation.
EMPOWERisk’s experience covers additional areas, not usually covered by other Risk Managers, as a rule. This includes aspects such as:
- Work permit requirements, where applicable.
- Safe working procedures development, implemented as well as seeing that the Company is operationally complying with them.
- Standard operational procedures developed, implemented as well as seeing that the Company is operationally complying with them.
- Accident/incident/near miss investigation, reporting as well as seeing that the Company is operationally complying with them and taking corrective actions.
The Objective to the 6 Steps to Legal Risk management
The objective of the 6 Steps to Legal Risk management is to gain an understanding of the legal and administrative environment in which a company is conducting its business and to be in a position to identify areas that may require further attention.
Should you have any needs in the above-mentioned areas of expertise please use the Contact form below and we will get back to you for a complimentary discussion.
Have a Risk rewarding day!
This content is restricted to site members. If you are an existing user, please log in. New users may register below.